2018 Lake Association Meeting
Join us at our Annual General Meeting to share ideas and concerns about the lakes, water quality and the watershed.
- August 18th, 2018
- Time: 10:00 am
- Location: Rupert Community Centre, 24 Chemin Shouldice, La Pêche, QC
- Review and approval of the Minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting will take place at the start of this year’s meeting
- Current members will be sent an email notification of the meeting
- Join the Association by paying your annual membership fee of $10 at the meeting or see this form to join or renew
- Renew or join with this form PDF with payment instructions
Watershed map of Lac Notre Dame and Usher Lake
The map shows all inlets and outlets into the lakes. Lots are marked. Water testing locations are marked.
Water testing results
The Association tests samples of water from the Lakes for phosphorus, nitrogen and E-coli on a regular basis. Volunteer and Lake Association member Carol Doré has collected samples for testing for over 10 years. Say Thank You when you see her!
2018 Update: Water clarity tests show a return to our more usual clarity levels of above 5.0 metres. Very low levels of Eurasian Milfoil in the lake so far (early August). Water chemistry tests show some high e-coli at location 6 (new sample has been collected) and in Usher. Nitrogen and phosphate levels are normal.
- See summary of recent reports and all water data back to 2005 and a 2014 study of the Lake ecosystem by ABV-7
- Map of lake with water testing locations
- Association membership fees fund the water testing.
Protect the clean water we enjoy
Keep our water clean. We’ve pulled together a handy sheet of tips to share and are delivering them dock to dock this summer of 2018. Share them with your renters - binder page version available.
- View and print tips to keep our lakes clean for your family and for your guests.
Some years, invasive Eurasian Milfoil forms a dense carpet on the lake’s surface, crowding out the indigenous plant species and harming fish. It was brought in on someone’s boat or fishing equipment. Each tiny piece broken off by waves or boats can turn into a new plant.
Join the Lake Association
Join the Association to help fund water testing, protect the quality of our water, get updates on water quality initiatives and contribute to Association activities like placing buoys to alert boaters of heavy milfoil weed areas.
- See About the Association for previous meeting notes/minutes, financial reports, board members and objectives
- Join or renew your membership 3 ways:
- In person at our Annual meeting
- Renew by sending $10 to email@example.com via e-transfer with password: water, we will email an acknowledgement
- Mail a cheque with the membership form to Lac Notre-Dame and Usher Lake Association 170 Chemin du manoir, La Pêche, QC, J0X 1A0
The lake dragon (on Chemin du Domaines)